Sunday, November 25, 2007

Here Comes Santa Claus, Here Comes Santa Claus...

So there we are, all four of us, squished up with a bunch of other people at the side of the road.
We dressed for the weather, or so we thought, but we were all still cold. My husband said he was cold first... let me just tell you, this is unheard of - my husband is never cold (or at least never admits it).

We were waiting there at 2 pm near the end of the parade route, shivering. Shortly after 4 pm the jolly, red guy finally appeared but by this time the kids were not as excited as I thought they'd be... our youngest said, "Can we go home now?". We couldn't help but giggle.

It was supposed to be my husband's day off but he went in again. Oh, I forgot, I haven't even told you very much (if anything) about him. He works at a golf course as the Clubhouse Manager... he loves his job, sometimes I think too much but he's a sweet lovable guy so we keep him around.

We have an interesting history... but as the Hammy Hamster show used to say, "but that's another story" so I'll get into that in another post.

So, here we are, kids didn't have a nap today so they are slightly cranky and the hubby took off from the parade to go to work...leaving me with the little darlings to feed a late dinner and get ready for bed.

Tonight, I have Christmas card writing to do -- quite possibly accompanied by a little Drambuie...we'll see. That would certainly make my Christmas cards more entertaining to read!

So for all of you who stood out in the freezing cold to see the jolly ol' guy this year...I sympathize but it's so worth it for our kids; like so many other things we do on a daily, weekly, monthly basis!

Fellow parents, I salute you.

Joyfully,

Cdngirl

Anyway,

No comments: